When a new pain develops, we often respond with "Oh, what now?" or "Great, just what I need!" In that moment, we are cursing our body. We see this aching foot, or pain in our side as a "problem to fix", and we go to war with ourselves. Yes, it is causing an issue and yes, you want it remedied, but HOW you view/feel about it makes the difference. If you are hating your foot for hurting, you are hating part of yourself. No healing can come from punishment, of yourself or your foot.
Do you ever find yourself staring off into space, not wanting to move or do anything? Do you ever feel numb, emotionally blocked, or slightly agitated by everything, perhaps even a tinge of self-loathing? Like you're frozen in a static state of disconnection and angst? If so, you are NOT alone!
Oddly enough, the majority of people alive on the planet today are breathing incorrectly; most tend to breathe from the upper chest (as you see in cartoons!), but this actually leads to hyperventilation when stressed.
What does one do?
- Exhale completely, drawing your belly button into your spine
- Inhale through your nose, expanding lower belly
- Continue inhaling, expanding your middle abdomen
- Continue inhaling, expanding your upper chest until your lungs are completely full
- Exhale, breathe out from your upper lungs
- Continue exhaling, breathe out from your middle abdomen
- Continue exhaling, breathe out from your lower belly, pulling your belly button into your spine
This is a fabulous way to bring yourself back into your body when you feel stressed/panicked.
- Take a stroll through nature
- Drink calming teas (i.e. Chamomile, Kava, Peppermint, Valerian Root)
- Listen to soothing music (search YouTube for meditation music)
- Aromatherapy (i.e. Lavendar, Ylang-Ylang, Sandalwood, Clary Sage)
- Place your bare feet on the earth
- Take a sea salt or epsom salt bath
- Have a Reiki session!
There have been numerous cases of radical remissions for every single type of cancer, including those that are inoperable and/or Stage 4.
How is this possible?
Their regimen included these 9 characteristics:
- Radically changing their diet
- Taking control of their health
- Following their intuition
- Using herbs & supplements
- Releasing suppressed emotions
- Increasing positive emotions
- Embracing social support
- Deepening their spiritual connection
- Having a strong reason for living
In Western medicine, you can expect the physical to be treated (#1,4), while the rest (#2,3,5,6,7,8,9) are mental/emotional/spiritual. Reiki is an excellent source of mental/emotional/spiritual healing. Should you or a loved one find yourself looking for more support, I invite you to experience the transformational potential of this holistic healing energy.