Do you ever find yourself staring off into space, not wanting to move or do anything? Do you ever feel numb, emotionally blocked, or slightly agitated by everything, perhaps even a tinge of self-loathing? Like you're frozen in a static state of disconnection and angst? If so, you are NOT alone!
Oddly enough, the majority of people alive on the planet today are breathing incorrectly; most tend to breathe from the upper chest (as you see in cartoons!), but this actually leads to hyperventilation when stressed.
What does one do?
- Exhale completely, drawing your belly button into your spine
- Inhale through your nose, expanding lower belly
- Continue inhaling, expanding your middle abdomen
- Continue inhaling, expanding your upper chest until your lungs are completely full
- Exhale, breathe out from your upper lungs
- Continue exhaling, breathe out from your middle abdomen
- Continue exhaling, breathe out from your lower belly, pulling your belly button into your spine
This is a fabulous way to bring yourself back into your body when you feel stressed/panicked.
- Take a stroll through nature
- Drink calming teas (i.e. Chamomile, Kava, Peppermint, Valerian Root)
- Listen to soothing music (search YouTube for meditation music)
- Aromatherapy (i.e. Lavendar, Ylang-Ylang, Sandalwood, Clary Sage)
- Place your bare feet on the earth
- Take a sea salt or epsom salt bath
- Have a Reiki session!
There have been numerous cases of radical remissions for every single type of cancer, including those that are inoperable and/or Stage 4.
How is this possible?
Their regimen included these 9 characteristics:
- Radically changing their diet
- Taking control of their health
- Following their intuition
- Using herbs & supplements
- Releasing suppressed emotions
- Increasing positive emotions
- Embracing social support
- Deepening their spiritual connection
- Having a strong reason for living
In Western medicine, you can expect the physical to be treated (#1,4), while the rest (#2,3,5,6,7,8,9) are mental/emotional/spiritual. Reiki is an excellent source of mental/emotional/spiritual healing. Should you or a loved one find yourself looking for more support, I invite you to experience the transformational potential of this holistic healing energy.
- Place hands on forehead/hairline
- Inhale, pushing hands back, caressing your head and neck in a downward motion
- Gently dig fingers into the back of your shoulders
- Exhale, drag fingers down to your heart chakra, ending with one hand over the other
- Repeat 2 more times